Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sew A Stitch , Bentonville, Ar.











The name of this unique quilt store is Sew A Stitch, The creation Station. They live up to their name, in my opinion,it is located in Bentonville, Arkansas, 106NW 2nd St. in a small shopping mall.Not a real big store but definitely over run with talent.The owner Joyce Barker is so very friendly. Took lots of time with me, answered a lot of questions. Let me tell you a little about the pictures you see here,Of course the machines she sells are Vikings and she had quiet a collection, displayed nicely. The pillow is designed by a lady named Lynn Wiggers, she also designs bedspreads. I thought that was very neat...The quilt was designed by Alicia Gentry and Joyce. It was absolutely beautiful. The workmanship was exquisit. I could have spent the entire day just enjoying her company.Unfortunately, I didn't have all day****Boo hoo** Alicia and Joyce have been writing a book, and putting some of their designs in it, I can't wait for it. I took more photos and some of the blocks that are in the book are for your pleasure, but that will be next time. Believe me, the designs are very different than anything I have ever saw. they do have a web site, www.noblepatchwork.com.... The mailing address is Noble Patchwork Co. P.O. Box 485 Pea Ridge, Ar. 72751 the web site for the shop is www.sewastitch.com.... check them out, you'll be glad you did.
Next post, I will show the blocks and some of the other things in the shop. Also, I bought some fat quarters, (surprise) and I have pics of a couple of my Red Work embroderies.I will say I have enjoyed the embrodery more than I expected,cause I really am not fond of handwork,and I am sure this is just something for me to do until I can get home to my emb. machine****VBS****
that is so much quicker...
Well, once again, DH and I found ourselves in trouble with the Truck (well this time it was the trailer). We were about half way across the Ozark Mountains and Dh looked in his mirror and said,our back trailer tire is about to FALL OFF. Got my attention........So, when we found a safe place to stop, he got out to check and sure enough, it was litterally hanging by a couple lug nuts. He called his boss and we were assured that if he could get it off, we could go on across the mountains on 3 tires.Nerve wracking to say the least. But we did make it without any problems, and eventually found a place that could replace all the problems( over my head), the only thing wrong with that was he could do it TODAY, so we had to leave the trailer with him. But it is fixed now and tomorrow we start our events here in Bentonville.I do wonder what is next........
I have been busy today, got my hair trimmed this am, then went to the quilt shop, then went to get the trailer, ate dinner then came back to our room and traced 3 more redwork patterns on fabric, ironed a few pieces of clothes and now have some things ready to get some applique ready. Needless to say, I am tired and ready to lay down. So hope all of you are quilting Memories, somebody will love you for it.
Has everyone sent their taxes off? I hope so.......................J

2 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Your truck adventures seem to be never ending, which is expected if you're on the road every day I guess. The quilt is very striking! I can't wait to see the other pictures.

I'm glad you are enjoying the redwork. I was the same way about handwork - not fond - but now that I've been drawn into it by a couple of friends that teach handwork, it seems I can't stop doing it!

Take care out there!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You two certainly don't get bored on the road, adventures abound for you and WG! Glad you're both OK! I can't wait to see what you've been working on. The quilt shops you visit are great, I feel like I've been along for the ride. Stay safe!