Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cold in California







Baby it's COLD Outside, even in California.......Well,it was anyway ***VBS***
It's hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since we were there, WOW, what a trip....We truly did have a great time,But for the first 3/4 days it was cold.
The above pictures of the beaches was taken out the truck window, as we were traveling down the road. The pic of the tall rock in the water was taken at Santa Cruz, the one with the 2 rocks was taken in Malibu. The one of Me was also at Santa Cruz, the wind was terrible.I sure did want to get my feet in that water, but I couldn't even get to the water so that probably keep me from doing something stupid, cause it would have been insane to put my bare feet in that cold water.....BRRRRRR....
The picture of the stained glass was in the room in Oceanside at the motel. That room was definitely large enough to have a PARTY.....I bet there has been lots of parties in there LOL....
after all we were at the beach.....That stained glass was over the jacuzzi,of which there could have been 6/8 people in there at once.It was huge,as was the bathroom. But, none the less, it was still a beach motel and well used, it was old, but in relative good shape and it was clean. Being clean is an absolute necessity....if not, I don't stay....
Ok, I could show pics for days, but I will spare you anymore...
We are now in the Atlanta, Ga. area.....it's still COLD....but the weather person on TV is promising a warm up....I sure am ready....Cause now, DH has to work outside, I generally sit in the truck and embroidery. He tells me that the trailer we now have has electricity, so the heat and AC both are supposed to work.We know the generator works as he used it Monday when he was loading our "stuff" for this trip. I will probably have him check the heat today.I sure hope it all works like it is supposed to, cause last year it never did....aaarrrrgggg...
As I said we are in the Atlanta area, if you are in any of the places we are, I sure would love to meet some of you.I would also like to hear about some of the Quilt shops around here.
This is our schedule (as it stands now)....The times could change, but it is unlikely that the place would change, so if you can come by, either check with the store or check my blog, as soon as I find out something different, I will post it....
OK, the schedule is:
3/4/09 Wed....Home Depot....2200 Riverstone Blvd.... Canton....3pm/8pm
3/5/09Thur....Hill Ace Hdwr.... 275 Athens Way.....Loganville....10am/4pm
3/6/09 Fri....HD ( Home Depot)....1750 Jonesboro Rd....McDonough....3pm/8pm
3/7/09 Sat....HD....103 Pavillion Pkwy......Fayetteville...8am/4pm
3/8/09Sun....HD....4141 Atlanta Hwy....Loganville....10am/4pm
3/9/09 OFF
3/10/09 Off
3/11/09 Wed....HD....Hamilton Creek Pkwy......Dacula....3pm/8pm
3/12/09 Thur....HD....3355 Cobb Pkwy....Acworth....3pm/8pm
3/13/09 Fri....HD....145 Depot Dr..... Hiram....3pm/8pm
3/14/09 Sat....Cowan Ace Hdwr....1264 Green St....Conyers....8am/4pm
3/15/09 Sun....HD....2295 Lawrenceville Hwy.Decatur....10am/4pm
We are going to be in Charleston, SC. 3/18 .... 3/22....I will get those places and times posted next week. Have a great day and stay warm, it's time for me to get up from here and get ready to go.
Remember to keep Quilting Memories, Bobbin

2 comments:

Libby said...

Don't blame you one little bit for not putting your toes in that water . . . . that Pacific can be downright bone chilling!

Carrie P. said...

Be safe. You are going to be on the road a lot. Cold in California?