Saturday, May 24, 2008

Windmill City Quilts











Windmill City Quilts ia located in Geneva, IL. A very nice shop, but unfortunately she is closing down her storefront and will only be doing an on-line business.I didn't get a chance to talk to her very much and I failed to get her on-line addy, she was real busy, and didn't seem to have any help. She was apparently selling her "stuff" as she goes, but I think I overheard her say if someone wanted the entire contents she would sell that also. If you should be interested, email me and I will hunt up my receipt and see if her phone # is on it, if not I feel sure it would be in the phone book. She has lots of quilts on display, she also carries a lot of notions and especially patterns. I just took some random pics. The pic with the books shows what I purchased, I have read all 3 of the books and enjoyed them.
We also went to 3 other shops last Tuesday and I will post pics of them soon. Tomorrow is another workday, and a long one at that , but I will try to post again tomorrow anyway.Monday and Tuesday I plan to finish quilting the baby quilt so I can get it in the mail. I know someone is giving her a shower soon and I would like for her to get it then. Then I want to get the table runner I cut out 3 weeks ago, at least started. So much to do, so little time **VBG**
Well we finally had a pretty day today and it is supposed to be pretty again tomorrow. I hope it is, I do enjoy sitting outside with DH, but when it's cold, I usually sit in the truck and either embroider or read.I may even sneak in a little nap !!
WE will be here again all next week so that means I should get to sew most of Monday and Tuesday, then I can also sew the next 3 days cause we don't work until 3pm. So I am looking forward to being here, we seem to have picked a very quiet motel, it sure is out in the sticks, but in a pretty place. There is a 10 or so acre field behind the motel which we see out our window. I have been hoping to see a deer or two, but so far no luck. Hope everyone in blog land is having a nice Memorial Day, stay safe, and quilt some memories for me. Later, Bobbin

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You are in my neck of the woods up there near Naperville. I grew up in Villa Park, which is farther east & a little north from there. We used to go on picnics at a park in Geneva when I was a child! Tomorrow we're going to see our new grandson! He and my DIL are doing fine. They get out of the hospital tomorrow. Hope you can get lots of quilting accomplished! Ruth