Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cold, Rainy, perfect day for quilting

Good evening, It is cold and raining here, I miss spring already. But it will return, soon I hope. I went to my charm block swap yesterday, the color was green, I have no idea what I will do with all these 6" blocks, but I am sure I can come up with something. I do enjoy going to the different classes and clubs at our LQS. I love everyone's quilts they bring for show and tell. There are some really talented ladies that attend these "meetings". Ihave met some great people there too. FUN, FUN, FUN.
I have been quilting on my baby quilt today, I hope to finish it tomorrow, then start on the other quilt I have pin basted and ready to quilt. I was planning to work on them last Saturday but had company, unexpected, but very much loved. Hadn't seen the young lady in almost 30 years. She and our son dated for about 5 years, from their early dating years until after high school graduation. She doeesn't seem to have changed very much, seems as sweet as ever and definitely as pretty.She has 2 daughters now, so was fun to catch up on her life. Found out her Mother lives pretty close to me and is a quilter. Am going to call her and see if she would be interested in going to our guild meeting. She doesn't drive at night, so would be a way for her to get there and I wouldn't have to go by myself. Looking forward to seeing her also.
Renewing old friendships is such fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to LQS today also, had to get some thread and had ordered a template, so picked them up. They were not very busy so sat and talked for a while, I love to do that, I always learn so much just from talking to people who quilt, and she (the owner) is one of the smartest people I know.
She is going to start having a "class" on one Thursday a month to share some of her terrific Tips and Tricks. Should be fun and educational. Can't wait. The first one is the 12th. of April. Hope she has enough interest so she will be able to continue having them.
Hope everyone is warm and snug tonight, as for me, think I will go watch a little TV. Don't do that much, don't particulary like tv, but laying on the couch under a quilt sounds appealing. So tomorrow will be Quilting Memories and hope you are too.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Tips and Tricks, you say? Oh, boy! I didn't know about this but I am very interested. Thanks for the info. Oh, PS-- Spring's back! ;)