Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Still shop hopping in Texas








Ruth from Log Cabin Quilts and I will continue our journey. This is the second shop we went to, a very nice shop in a quaint little town. The address is Common Threads Quilting
315 S. Rogers St. Waxahachie, Tx.I was very impressed with the red quilt above. the dresses stood out, sorta like 3-d and the rest of the designs was embroidered. Everything was so neat. The store was in a building that was over 100 years old. If you ever find yourself there go visit, you'll be glad you did. I know I was...
The town of Waxahachie is worth the trip. That is where we had lunch. We went to a Tea Room and had a very nice salad. The restaurant had an antique store also. Ruth likes antiques, I like to look at them, but that is about all I do. When you get to be my age, almost everything I own could be classified as an antique***LOL***, well maybe not everything!
She and I went shopping on March 27th, Sat. That happens to be my DH's birthday, he was 70. So what did we do special????Not a thing, he worked and I went shopping.I had wanted to give him a surprise BD party, but unfortunately we were too far from home. But he was happy,so that is all that is necessary.
Well, we have one more store to show and maybe I will get that done tomorrow. But, we do have to work and we work from 1-7 pm. So after getting something to eat, I will just wait and see.
I hope all of you are still quilting memories. I do have some pictures of some things I got made in Dec., Jan.,and Feb. But I wanted to show where we shopped first. So, will be back soon.
Later, Bobbin

No comments: