Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Glass Thimble, Columbus, Ohio































Wow, what a pretty store, very neat and clean. Everything had a place and everything was in it's place.Lots of neatly arranged fabrics, notions and more quilts than I have ever seen on display in one quilt shop. If you ever get a chance to go there, do, you'll be glad you did.The lady that waited on me was equally as nice as the store. The store has been in business for 34 years, but 2 years ago another lady purchased it. I would liked to have seen it a few years ago, so I could see what changes have been made.Looks are deceiving though, looking at the building from outside it looks small, but the inside is very large, several rooms, all neatly arranged.The above pictures are just a few that I took, so will try again either later today, or tomorrow.

I am just full of "things" to post about,our Great Grandson was born the day before we got home, how's that for good planning? He is an absolute doll, Mom and baby are doing well.

Our son was waiting for us when we got there, to wisk me to the hospital, daughter was also there, she went to help her Daddy, unload the truck and trailer. I sure do have 2 great kids.

I'm not sure that Mommy and Daddy will want me to show pictures of him, will ask,sure would like for everyone to see him. TRUE G-Grandmother being proud!!!

I went to our local quilt store while I was home, took lots of pics there also, so will post about that soon. Hope all of you had a great 4th, we had a cook out, and there was 12 of us. Fun, Fun.

We are back at work now, we are in Pittsburg, Pa. and of course its raining !!!! So what's new, wherever we have been, it's been raining. WE also had severe thunderstorm warnings last night.

I AM, tired of this weather.

I finished another hand appliqued wall hanging this morning. have completed 2 , just one more to go, and I will be soooooooooooo glad, I haven't enjoyed doing these. But for the ladies that live in WS, hopefully, when I come back home, they will be quilted and on display, but then again, she may not want to, I am not happy with them. I can't take pics of the first one, I left it at home, maybe I'll get a picture of the second one !!!!

Gotta run, take care and keep on quilting memories.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Congrats on the new addition - I bet he has been getting lots and lots of cuddles *s*

Salem Stitcher said...

Congrtulations on the safe arrival of your great-grandson! I'm glad the timing of your trip home was perfect and you were home for the big event!