Friday, April 20, 2007

"Do You See What I See" Baby quilt



This is my 1st. wannabe baby quilt. I wannabe a great grandmother but my grand children aren't helping.!!!! What I am doing is making 3 baby quilts so I can ""hand them down" to my grandkids when they have a child. I'm not getting any younger and I want to make sure each one has at least one baby quilt I have made.So I tease them and tell them I'm a wannabe grandma!!!! I only have one GS married, the other GS is in college and the GD is in the 6th. grade. So I will be waiting a while I guess. This is an I SPY quilt. Hope some future GC likes it!!!!

Did get an email from nephew and his wife today, they are expecting a BOY, I think she is due in September. So am going to get busy and make one for him. I can't wait. I do enjoy making baby quilts. Hope everyone is going to have a nice weekend, tomorrow I am going to watch our GD play soccer, she has 2 games. So when they are over, will probably not do a thing. I do hope the weather is nice. I think it is supposed to be in the low 70's and sunny. So should be nice.

Today I finished my 2 BOM's , always glad to get them done, I'm not very good at all those small pieces. I like Blocks (sguare), rectangles, and strips. When I do anything else I am definately out of my comfort zone. I also cut out a block I had done before, I wasn't satisfied with the way it turned out, so got some more fabric and am going to make that one again. As a matter of fact, I want to make all of them again. I think they are all very pretty. Will post pics of what I have done in a day or so.

Hope all of you find some time this weekend to be quilting memories. Have a good weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You do a wonderful job on the BOM's, it's good sometimes to wander away from the comfort zone. I have to redo one of last month's... I think I wandered too far away! ;)