Friday, May 4, 2007

Quilting A Bento Box Quilt

Here it is, a nasty, dreary old Friday night. Lots of rain (we need it) and it has turned COLD!!!!!
Where is our beautiful spring weather?To me, rain is soooo depressing, maybe by tomorrow it will be "outta here".
The last 3 days have been very busy in my sewing room. I am making a "Bento Box' quilt. It will be 60" x 60". I won the kit at the local quilt show last weekend. The colors are very "fallish"
lots of browns, dark greens and deep reds. I have all the 8" blocks together,now have to sew 4 of them together to make 15" finished blocks, then sew them together. I have been pleasantly surprised, as I haven't had any trouble with it, so far. Most of you folks will probably think that is a funny statement, but I am not real comfortable with making a quilt from a pattern.I like to look at a picture and figure out what I want to do from that. But, since I won the kit thought Iwould see what I could do. The owner of the LQS said she would like to hang it in her shop when I finish it. I told her she may be sorry she asked. LOL
Hope to have pics as soon an I get the top pieced. I am still learning about doing the pictures. The light in my house isn't too good for pics, so will take them outside asap.
Our LQS has been having demos at her shop all week, I have gone over there everyday, that has messed up my days bigtime. The demos were at 12 noon and 6pm. but today she fed us a very nice lunch and gave each of us a very nice quilting book " Patchwork and Quilting Book #2. There are 20 projects by Kaffe Fassett and some other stuff. I am going to save it to look at while on our trip.Las Vegas is a LOOOOOng way from here. She also gave us 4 fat quarters. I thought that was awfully nice of her. But am glad we are through, I will only get to sew 2 or 3 days next week. Will have to get our "things " ready to go.
Sunday, We will go to church with our DD and her family, Our DD and GD are going to join this new church and also going to be baptised. Then we will go to lunch with them, so will not get any sewing done, but that is ok. There really are a few things more important than quilting!!!
I do hope all of you are going to have a wonderful weekend, why don't you do some quilting memories for me. Later everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the Bento Box pattern, congrats on winning that! I'll look for it in the LQS :)

Finn said...

Hello, had to pop over and see where you call home..*VBS* Thank you for stopping by at Pieces and leaving such a nice comment. I was pleasantly surprised to find an age companion...but I've got almost 2 years on you...LOL
I think your Bento Boxes are going to be a fun quilt. I look forward to seeing it.
I scrolled down and read a few more posts, love the pic of you hold the baby quilt and the bags...but you should have smiled...*VBS* Everything goes better with a smile. Have a great and safe trip. Hugs, Finn