Monday, May 28, 2007

Home and happy to be here

Our trip to Vegas was very uneventful, but I afraid most work is. We traveled 5243 miles. That is a lot of sitting!!!!!! I can't drive the truck with the trailer on it, it requires a cdl licenses. I hope next trip to be better prepared and maybe have some hand sewing to do, didn't take anything this time,but since it had been so long since we had been west, I didn't want to "miss seeing anything". But we will be going back the same route for most of the next trip in July. We will be going to Lake Tahoe, Nv.So definitely will be sewing some then!
The pic is of a sweat shirt I appliqued when we went to Detroit in April, I also appliqued the top, but will show that another time. But right now I have nothing quilty to show. I hope to get some quilting done before we leave again, but we do have to work several days in preparation to go. So I will have to try to get something done. Maybe I can sew some on the baby quilt That I started before I left.
I am hopeing the quilt top I finished before I left will be quilted soon. I left it with one of the local long arm quilters , so maybe she will be through soon. I am anxious to get it back. This is the first one I have ever had quilted, so am a little nervous also. Then I can bind it,that shouldn't take too long.
I must get up from here and get busy, I have a mountain or laundry to get done. We brought every thing in last night, but we have "stuff" scattered every where. So have a lot to do, hope everyone is haveing a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend, and are quilting memories for someone special in your life.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Welcome back, you were definitely missed and we are happy that you're back... quilty things or no to show!