Friday, December 28, 2007

G-Children and their "Baby" quilts




Well,I finally got to give the g-children their baby quilts for the next generation. The top picture is my GD and me, she is only 12 so she has several years before she will need hers, but I wanted to make them all one, then as they do have children I will make them a special one, with the baby's name and birthdate on it.
The second one is my GS, he is almost 23, but not married and is trying to become a police officer, with no plans of marriage, which is good, I hope he will wait a few more years. I think at 22 he still has a lot of living to do. He is a very mature young man and we are very proud of him.
He was at the house on Friday before Christmas and I explained to him about the baby quilts, I think he found that to be a little humorous.I told him to please explain all this to his Mother, as she and our son (his Dad) have been divorced for many years and I certainly don't want her to think I am being pushy**** VBS*****, He said he would.
The third picture is my oldest GS and his wife with me. She is about 12 weeks pregnant, said she was due about the end of June of first of July. Will know more when she has her next sonogram. She seems to be doing very good. They were extremely pleased with their quilt , I think they were expecting me to give them one, as I had said I was making "Wanna-be quilts at our get together last Christmas. So now, I am happy that my Wannabe, is now a happy Yee Haw, I am going to be a Great Grandmother. How exciting is that******VVBS*****
We all had a lovely Christmas and will post pictures soon.
Sorry about the second picture, I have asked hubby when he takes pictures to please not hold the camera sideways, because we do NOT know how to turn them. But he insisted that our GS was too tall to get him in the picture properly without turning the camera.. GO FIGURE. What
am I going to do with him?
Hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a great and happy new year.
How about quilting some memories??? They do make people SMILE..........


3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Congrats on your first grandbaby. Those quilts are all adorable and how smart to be ahead of the game in the quilt making process.

MJMR said...

Good work. I know the kids liked their quilts.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

All the wanna-be's are wonderful. You give me hope... if you 'wanna be' something bad enough, just look what happens!

When you upload your photos see if there is a little arrow up in the corner that you can click on, if so, that will rotate your picture into the proper configuration for viewing. Your grands are all precious, even sideways!