Friday, November 16, 2007

50Th, Anniversary




These are the desserts my hubby and I had at Eddie V's Restaurant on our 50th. anniversary. If you are ever in Austin, Texas and want a great (and very expensive) meal, this is the place to go.The people we work for made the reservations and paid for everything, what a great surprise. We were definitely a long way from home, family and friends, and they made our evening one to remember. Thanks to all of them.
We had steak, twice baked potatoes, salad and asparagus. All was delicious, of course we had to take some back to the motel with us, there was no way we could eat all that food, but we sure did try****VBS****.
WE once again have been gone, this time to Ga. for 6 lovely days with my sister and brother and their spouses.We had such a good time. At the end of each evening we played Yatzee,and a good time was had by all.
Now, I must turn my thoughts to Thanksgiving,I will do the majority of the cooking, my daughter always brings enough for an army even though I tell her just to bring sweet potato casserole and squash casserole,she never listens, but she does love to cook and she is an excellent cook. I never have any idea how many will show up, so I just cook enough for everybody I know, that way there is always enough for several days, which is nice, because some of them will get here on Wednesday night and stay until Sunday afternoon. But they are well aware, after Thursday, I don't do any more cooking, it's leftovers or go out. Whatever they want.....
I have run into a bit of a snag in the quilting of the baby quilt I am working on,but I think I will put it up until after Thanksgiving and all the family are gone, maybe by then my brain will work again and I will know what to do. I AM so ready to be through with this quilt.I think this is the reason I don't quilt any more than I do, I get really frusterated when things don't work the way I envision them to.I wonder if I will ever be truly happy with what I finish. I sure hope so.But I will get back to it soon and I WILL finish it***.
Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend, and quilting lots of memories. till next time.........

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations! You're too young for 50 years of married life!!

MJMR said...

What a wonderful thing for the company to do! Happy 50th. And I have seen your quilts they are beautiful! You are your worse critic. Happy Thanksgiving.

Libby said...

Congratulations to both of you on such a lovely milestone *s*