Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bella's Quilts, carrollton, Va...A must see


















As you can see I am terrible posting Pics, but maybe I can get these straight, at least enough for you to understand what and who I am talking about***VBS*** The name of the shop is Bella's, named after the owners youngest daughter, it is located in Carrollton, Va. A great store, had just opened a few days before we were there, or I should say before I was there, cause, both my sister and neice had already visited. They both live (maybe) 3 miles from the store...Lucky,for them and the shop owner.........
The other picture at the top is of my sister, actually, I am trying to show off her purse she made, I love it, it's really funky ***VVBS**** I love the colors, so did my grand daughter, she has now decided she likes pink...But I don't think my sister is going to part with it, look at the death grip she has on it....I think she is awfully selfish...LOL.... But I love her anyway.....
The next pic is my neice ( sister's daughter) trying to decide on some fabric for a purse, she has made some really cute ones, she is so petite she can carry very small ones and they look great, also, she is a great sewer, I understand she has made some baby quilts, but has given them all away before I have gotten to see them. I do have some pics of some of her bags and will post them soon.
The next pic is the owner demonstrating a Viking Machine, she knows her machines, if you get a chance, go visit, you will like her. Her name is Lisa and she has a 13 year old DD that sews very well also, has a quilt on display. Smarts must run in the family.....
The next one is one of the employees and I am sorry to say, I can't remember her name, but she too, was very nice, there was also another employee there, she was very nice also, and all of the staff was very friendly. I wish Lisa all the luck......GO LISA, GO.
The other pics are of my sister and the employee and my sister and neice, they liked the quilt they were looking at, that is the one the 13 year old made....I told you she was smart...
As I said in my last post, we visited 3 shops that day, and unfortunately I do not have time to post about all of then now, but I will soon, also I want to share my neices handiwork, she is GOOD.
I have to tell you, this weekend has turned out quiet different than I thought it was going to...
My DH's boss let him have off, from Friday evening until 7pm, Sunday evening....He woke me yesterday and told me to get up, if I was going with him, so I got my lazy self out of bed, showered and then asked where we were going......His answer, well, I have looked on the internet and found some quilt shops, so off we went, we visited 4 yesterday and 3 today.............
BOY, do I have a lot of blogging to do.............But, tomorrow we head home, so won't be on here then, but we have had our Internet hooked back up, so, I should be back on Tuesday.....Hope all of you are busy Quilting Memories, what fun........Later, Bobbin



2 comments:

Libby said...

You always bring us such fun shops to look at *s*

Dawn said...

I love to see where you have been. And you have been a great inspiration.