Monday, September 3, 2007

Quilt blocks in Illinois




Guess what!!!!!! I think I've mastered the art of getting my pics from the camera to the computer then on my blog. I won't bore you with all of them today, but have been wanting to share them with you for a while now!These were taken in Illinois at a rest area.These quilt designs were in the walls and on the floor. They are tiles, and the story is on a stand out front. I thought that was the neatest thing. Have any of you seen this? On the wall beneath the designs is needle and thread etched in the bricks. Needless to say I had to spend some time there, I just enjoyed looking at them, and hope you do too. All of the designs on the big wall was around the wall individually. Someone did a lot of work and I did so appreciate getting to enjoy looking at them. Thank You ILLINOIS!!!!!
How about quilting memories for me.


1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Whereabouts in Illinois is this rest area? I'm assuming that this is referencing the code used by the underground RR, right? I would really like to go and see this, too; thanks!