Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A LESSON WELL LEARNED

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Mine started out nice and went down hill from Saturday on. I worked at the LQS both Friday and Saturday. Friday was a really nice day, I enjoy working with the lady that was there, she is delightful to be around and sooooo very patient.She lets me do all the easy things. What's not to like?
Saturday, I worked with a lady, who also is very nice, although I don't know her very well and we were so busy I really didn't get to talk to her much. When we got to work, the first thing to do is vacuum and empty the trash. She was kind enough to offer to vacuum and I was going to empty all the small cans and carry all the trash outside. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Well, seems as though someone had apparently put an empty rotary cutter blade in one of the cans, and I somehow hit my leg with the bag,when I looked down and saw the 5" cut that was bleeding profusely,I knew I was in trouble. I called her name and she came to see what I wanted (thank goodness she hadn't started the vacuum), she called my husband, then the store owner( she was out of town). When I got to the hospital it took 28 staples to close the cut. SO<> Hope this will be a warning to everyone in blogland as well as any who works anywhere there are sharp objects. There are ways to dispose of these things.
We will be leaving for our next trip next week, going to Pa. so won't be a long trip, was hopeing to sew when we got home from there, but went to the doctor today and am going to have some surgery on Sept.6th.Hopefully it won't be very much, but dr. said not to be too surprised if I was hospitalized for a couple days. So keep me in your prayers, they always help.
Also, please quilt some memories for me, it seems as though I am having a hard time getting back to the sewing machine.Later, everyone.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my - those rotary blades are just dangerous beyond belief! Hope that it heals quickly and that you have a successful surgery . . . you'll be on my mind.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I am distressed beyond belief about all of this (laceration)! i didn't know about the surgery until now, YES... you are in my prayers for sure!